Wow. I've truly been a slacker on here. I've no excuse, really. I'll try to catch everyone up in brief..
Folkfest on July 2nd was an amazing experience for the band. What a treat it was to work with such dedicated professionals! Stage management had everything under control and I could go on for paragraphs about how fabulous the sound crew were. In a nutshell, they made it easy for us and made us sound awesome. They used a subwoofer on the dumbek which was literally a real stage shaker. That was fun. Weeeeeeeeee! *grin*
The performance itself went really well. We recycled our set from Fernfest, which has a lot of our up-tempo pieces and works well for a festival performance (less instrument changes, too!). It was really great to look out into the crowd and see people grooving. We closed the show with "a la mode de France" (aka Nonesuch) and people started dancing... it's just one of those songs.
One of Adam's friends was taking pictures using a professional digital camera, but I have yet to receive copies. I hope he does soon, as some of the pictures looked great..
Back to work at Elections BC on Monday morning. I received a call from them this morning offering me another full-time temp position until September 15th (the day before my birthday). There's a possibility of an extension so that would be a good birthday present. :P
I've been designing and building the new Belfry Theatre website and it's looking good! We're aiming to launch it on August 3rd.. I'm going to be a busy lad for the next few weeks. :-/
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment