Really. You don't believe me? Okay.. you're right. I am still out here... work has been consuming most of my energy. Spending 7 hours/day in front of a computer at work doing data analysis doesn't really make me feel like spending much time on mine here at home... I'm sure everyone can sympathize. :)
Speaking of work....
We were handed our official notices of our work term ending this coming Friday, which we knew was coming. There's still a chance that we'll get extended, but I'm not going to count on it although there's still tons of work left to do.
I finished the Belfry site and it turned out pretty good. There were a few major burps, but it all seems to be sorted out now.
Banquo...
....has been on hiatus while Adam and Jude do an Eastern Canada tour until mid-October. Jen moved to Montreal at the end of August to attend McGill, which left us with a gap in the band (big time). As luck had it, Adam's aunt, Lael, was moving here from Mayne Island. Eric and I met with her this past Wednesday and happily welcomed her to our merry band of rogues. Not only does she have a lovely voice, she also plays winds (flute, whistles, recorders) and percussion.
Been doing some reading...
I finished the new Dragonriders of Pern book, "Dragon's Fire", by Todd & Anne McCaffrey last night and what a delight it was to read. This storyline continues 500 years after landing in the same time period as Todd's "Dragon's Kin". I think it's wonderful that Todd is now writing about Pern and carrying on this wonderful tale.. it's difficult to tell his writing from his mother's! :)
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment